What music of Popol Vuh is actually used for this film?
Information below is based on the findings by David Goodine (Toronto).
In order of appearance:
1. 'Wehe Khorazin' (excerpt)
Near the start of the film. From 'Sei still, wise ICH bin'.
2. 'Als lebten die Engel auf Erden' (0:12:30)
From 'Sei still, wisse ICH bin'.
3. 'Engel der Luft' (0:16:00)
From 'Die Nacht der Seele-Tantric Songs'
4. 'Engel auf Erden' (reprise) (0:40:30)
5. 'Engel auf Erden' (reprise) (0:43:30)
6. ‘Lass los’ (1:36:00)
Brief excerpt from the second half of the piece. From 'Sei still, wise ICH bin'. As well, in the trailer contained in the DVD of this movie, a longer excerpt from 'Lass los' is used.
7. 'Im Reich des Schatten' (1:57:00)
From 'Die Nacht der Seele'. On this track, Herzog slowed down the speed down, which gives it an eerie quality in the film.
8. 'Wehe Khorazin' (excerpt) (1:59:30)
9. 'Garten der Gemeinschaft' (2:06:30)
From 'Sei still, wisse ICH bin’
10. 'Garten der Gemeinschaft' (reprise) (2:13:30)
11. 'Wehe Khorazin' (reprise) (2:25:30)
Once again, Herzog slowed the speed down for this piece to give it a strange effect.
"Popol Vuh is one of my favorite bands of all time. I'm not really sure how I came across Popol Vuh years ago, but they have consistently stuck with me as one of the most atmosphere-filled music groups that's able to conjure up such an incredible feeling, a meditative feeling, with simple but with awesome melodies, hypnotic". (2013)
All material is posted without any commercial interest. These pages may contain information copyrighted by other individuals and entities. Copyrighted material displayed in these pages is done so for archival and informational purposes only and is not intended to infringe upon the ownership rights of the original owners. Everything else is © www.popolvuh.nl.
© 2022 Popol Vuh | Dolf Mulder
Een website van Netnog websites